Sunday, November 23, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!




She's HERE! Ava Anuhea Kanani O' KaMaile was born Nov. 19, 2008 at 10:42 pm. She weighs 8lbs 7oz and is 22 inches long. She looks just like her older sister Kiana but has black hair and dark eyes. The delivery was slow at first, the doctor broke my water at 9am and I was only a 5 at about 4pm. I then wussed out and had Nubain (drug used to take the edge off of the contractions), no epidural, and my contractions pretty much stopped. We then started the Pitocin and I moved along alot faster. The pain was great but I like the recovery much better without the epidural.


We are home now and we are both doing well. Her brothers and sister love her and fight over who gets to hold her. Kekai, who was the baby says he wants to keep her. He is proud to be a "big brother."


We are greatful for the opportunity to bear children. What a blessing this has been in our lives. We are greatful for family, this life would be nothing without family. We are greatful for great friends! Most of all, we are greatful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is through Christ that we are able to have all these blessings! We love each and every one of you hope you are all well. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Aundrea said...

I can't believe you have six kids! She's a cutie! Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Hey Kahea! I didn't know you had a blog! I heard from my mom that you had had your baby and she is a DOLL! Anyway, congrats and I hope we get to see you all this weekend.

The Butler Bunch said...

First of all, she's beautiful! Congratulations!!! 2nd of all, I didn't know that you had a blog page. So do I. It's barryjulie.blogspot.com
I love to blog, so it will be fun to look at yours!